2009-02-13

Day Salad

I woke early, braved the cold, found the correct bus line, and mostly beat the crowd to the immigration office. I was pretty successful, I only had to wait about an hour in all. I almost have a residency permit, I just have to wait on a signature from my landlord on a form, and I should be good. No deportation for me!The rest of the day was much better. Rode the old Metro 1 back down to Hero's Square to check out the Műcsarnok for the Thomas Ruff photography retrospektív. Cool collection of photography exploring many less conventional nooks and crannies. There was lots of exploration into using pre-exisitng content and creating artwork from it. He used lots of images just found on the public domain of the internet, or old negatives from advertisments in the 20s or 30s, or random newspaper clippings. I'm into it.
Hmm, what else? I made tasty dinner with good salad. I've been playing with photoshop. Tonight there is another big international get together, which should be lots of fun. Hopefully it warms up sometime soon though...I'm jealous of Arizona weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment