2009-01-17

holy crap, I'm here

I arrived in Budapest around 5pm (17pm) last night (9am Tucson time). Awkwardly found the minibus and bought a ticket to the apartment. The address the landlord gave me was slightly wrong, but luckily close enough that he found me where the minibus dropped me off...he apologized. We went up to the flat, gave him the down payment on the apartment. We went to look for a ATM that would work, but with no success. Number 1 goal today: find a ATM that will accept my card. Arrived back at the apartment, and the landlord left without realizing he forgot to add my computer to the internet access. The roommate, German grad student Boris, kindly let me borrow his computer to send a few emails home. Shortly after I fell asleep. 24 hours travel with small naps in uncomfortable airplane seats or airport benches=12 hours of sleep. Feeling much better and less overwhelmed. Boris said he'd take me out to find pizza in a bit.

I really enjoyed the warm goodbyes from everyone and I'll miss you...but I'll also be having lots of fun.goodbye breakfastsunsets over the oceanout the apartment window looking into the courtyard


2 comments:

Amy A said...

Your plant looks very sad.

Thomas B said...

ha ha, it's probably been frozen for a while.

Post a Comment